Wednesday, April 5, 2023 / by Adam Donaldson-Moxley
Common Signs of Plumbing Problems
Water damage due to a plumbing problem in your home can be life-changing. But there are some common signs that homeowners can look for, and steps they can take, to help avoid a major water issue at home.
What Can Cause Common Plumbing Problems?
- Manufacturing and design defects.
- Installation errors.
- Exposure to cleaning products (for example, by storing chemicals under the sink or by cleaning surfaces of plumbing components).
See the Signs and Know Where to Look
- Under sinks and washtubs.
- Inside access panels near showers, sinks or appliances.
- Attachments to toilets, water heaters and appliances.
- Basements and crawl spaces.
If you spot any of the above signs with your plumbing, consult a plumbing professional as soon as possible. If your water supply comes from a well, you may also want to get it tested. Water chemistry is often at fault for many common plumbing problems.